The British Society for Haematology (BSH) has been bringing haematology professionals together since 1960 to transform the care we provide to patients. With over 1600 members worldwide, we are the largest UK organisation concerned with haematology and the only society to cover all aspects of the specialty.
Our members work together to share ideas and knowledge, and to champion and strengthen haematology practice.
Together we help shape the future of haematology by providing access to resources, events and education that support your professional development.
Bridging the gap between research and practice, our guidelines raise the standards of clinical and patient care.
BSH will be the haematology hub for all healthcare professionals and the voice for the specialty in the UK.
BSH exists to transform patient care through excellence in haematology. We do this by:
- providing and supporting multidisciplinary education for students and professionals at all levels;
- raising standards of clinical care and laboratory practice through guidelines and the provision of expert advice;
- providing support and advocacy for research and publicising results;
- providing networking opportunities that bring haematology professionals together;
- representing the interests and concerns of haematology professionals at national level.
How we do it
The services we offer include:
- British Society for Haematology Guidelines and Good Practice Papers
- Educational Events
- Educational Resources
- Exclusive Members only grants
- Monthly member bulletins
- Discounts to attend the BSH Annual Scientific Meeting
Who we are
We have teams of committed volunteers working in the following areas to develop best practice