The Nephrology Section of The Royal Society of Medicine is pleased to announce that this one day meeting is in association with the British Society for Haematology. This meeting will look into blood disorders and the kidney and will provide an update on renal and haematological disorders.
The meeting includes a diverse range of haematological and nephrological conditions requiring specialist understanding. Leading experts in each field will present current understanding of pathophysiology and up to date management strategies. Key note speakers include Dr Nelson Leung, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA, Professor Beverley Hunt, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and Professor Philip Hawkins, National Amyloidosis Centre, UCL Medical School. This meeting will also feature several case discussions during the day to enable dynamic interaction between delegates to enhance learning opportunities.
- At the end of this meeting the participants will:
- Know about latest approaches to management of renal anaemia and sickle cell nephropathy.
- Be able to assess thrombotic and bleeding risk in patients with renal disease.
- Understand current diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for patient with paraproteinaemia.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the pathophysiology of renal thrombotic microangiopathies and treatment approaches.
This meeting is suitable for Nephrology and Haematology trainees, consultants and nurse specialists however all disciplines are welcome.