Date: Friday, 8 March 2019
Time: 09.00am – 04.30pm
Location: Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9BD
Objectives of the days are to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of excellent communication skills and the common communication barriers senior nurses and allied healthcare professionals are faced with.
- Practice skills to improve quality of clinical communication around treatment decisions.
- Increase confidence in managing difficult conversations with patients and carers.
- Build on influencing and assertiveness skills to enhance communication between colleagues and teams.
Senior nurses and allied health professionals will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insight from expert speakers and nursing colleagues.
- Share their own experiences and expertise with peers.
- Develop practical solutions to take back to their workplace.
Delegates are invited to submit their abstracts for a poster and/or either oral presentation. The presentations must highlight service improvements made by senior nurses and allied health professionals across the UK and align with themes of the Masterclass:
- Improving communication between healthcare professionals, patients and their support network
- Increasing patient advocacy and support during or after time in hospital
- Improving knowledge sharing between colleagues at work
Closing date for submissions is Monday 28 January 2019
If you would like to find out about the application process and the support provided for presenting, please get in touch through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 269 9015.