Date: Friday 7 February 2020
Time: 08:00 - 18:00
Venue: Hamilton House, London
Objectives of the day are to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of excellent communication skills and the common communication barriers healthcare professionals face
- Practice skills to improve the quality of clinical communication around treatment decisions, particularly palliative and end of life care and psychological wellbeing
- Increase confidence in managing difficult conversations with patients and carers
- Build on influencing and assertiveness skills to enhance communication between colleagues and teams, such as discussing stopping treatment/death and dying, challenging colleagues and advocating for patients in a multidisciplinary team.
- Practice and incorporate self-care techniques to care for yourself, patients and carers
For more information and agenda, please visit the Bloodwise website.
Online booking will close on Friday 3 January 2020.
Please be aware, space is limited this year so we would encourage you to book in advance. Please feel free to share the event details with relevant colleagues and teams so that senior healthcare professionals working in haemato-oncology settings can really benefit from this useful day.