Date: Friday 20 September 2019
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Venue: De Vere West One Conference Centre, London
This conference focuses on Nurse Prescribing in Cancer Care. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will demonstrate how the effective use of nurse prescribing in cancer care can improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
The conference will focus on developing competence and confidence in nurse prescribing in cancer care, including using the National Competency Framework for all Prescribers.
Benefits of attending
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve nurse prescribing practice in cancer care
- Understand the national context including the national competency framework for prescribers
- Develop your skills and improve competence in prescribing practice
- Understand how to develop prescribing to improve chemotherapy services
- Improve your skills in the prescribing and prescribing governance
- Examine your role within prescribing at the end of life, including symptom control and controlled drugs
- Understand how to set up a Nurse Led Non-medical Prescribing Clinic
- Learn from established prescribing practice in cancer follow-up and survivorship, prescribing for lung cancer and pharmacist prescribing
- Understand how to audit and demonstrate competence in nurse prescribing practice
- Self-assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
For further information and to book your place please visit the event website.