Date: Tuesday 13 October 2020
Time: 08:45 -16:10
Venue: The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
The day will include presentations from local and national VTE leads, sharing updates on guidelines, research and implemented service development models. Sessions will share interactive case studies and look at VTE prevention and management across patient cohorts and risk groups. All sessions will invite questions and opportunity for a panel question time.
The event is open to all healthcare and allied professionals working in or with an interest in venous thromboembolism (VTE).
Specific topics will include hospital-based VTE prevention and management, the role of IVC filters, outpatient and ED pathways, women's health, VTE in psychiatric patients, genetics, recent guideline updates, implementation and medico-legal issues.
- Dr Julia Anderson - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Catherine Bagot - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr James Tiernan - Consultant Physician in Acute Medicine
- Dr Kalliroi Kefala, Consultant in Critical Care Medicine
- Dr Dean Kerslake - Consultant in Emergency Medicine & Critical Care
- Dr Salvatore Cognetti - Psychiatric trainee
- Dr Khalid Khan - Consultant Cardiologist
- Victoria Cloke - Genetics Clinical Scientist
For further information please visit the Thrombosis UK website.