Date: Monday 21 - Wednesday 23 October 2019
Venue: Etc. Venues, London
In 2019 we plan to address a wide variety of topics including: Implementation of Newborn Screening for hemoglobinopathies, cohort’s studies, and the development of management protocols and national control programmes.
- New therapies including clinical trials at different stages- Phase I/II/III in sickle cell disease and thalassaemia
- Update on Gene therapies, gene editing and bone marrow transplantation
- Psychosocial aspects including body, mind and health related quality of life in sickle cell disease and thalassaemia
- Blood transfusion including apheresis, iron chelation therapy and acute haemolytic complications.
- Quality standards in the diagnosis, treatment of sickle cell and thalassaemia- Global priorities
- We plan to run ‘meet the expert’ sessions, seminars and tutorials.
A full patient forum to involve children and adults and parents experience will be shared during the three days.
For further information and to register your place please visit the conference website.