Following the postponement of the 2020 and 2021 in-person SHOT symposium we are pleased to announce that registration and abstract submission for the IHN-SHOT Symposium 2022 is now open! This year SHOT celebrates their silver jubilee and would love you to come and join us at the IHN-SHOT symposium in beautiful Brighton 6th – 8th July 2022! Plans for the symposium have been delayed due to COVID-19 restrictions, but we are really looking forward to meeting everyone! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Date: Wednesday 6 - Friday 8 July 2022
Venue: Brighton Hilton Metropole
International Haemovigilance: Past & Present
- International Haemovigilance Future
- Harnessing multi-modal data integration to advance Haemovigilance
- Personalised transfusion medicine
- Aging – Cells, recipients, donor age and transfusion outcomes
- The frontier of biovigilance: Personalised medicine: CAR-T vigilance
- Emergency preparedness, including walking blood bank
- Panel: Rethinking gender, being inclusive, and how does it impact donor selection, blood tranfusion and haemovigilance data analysis
- Moving away form plasticiser DEHP: Ins and outs
- Pharmacovigilance as a model for Haemovigilance or “What does vaccine surveillance have to teach us about haemovigilance?”
- Reflections, gratitude and optimism - Patient experience, speaker safety, leadership and safety culture: What next for patient safety and transfusion safety? WHO perspective. Highlights from the 2021 Annual SHOT Report Panel
- Discussion - Balancing safety and blood supply challenges in the UK
- Paediatric haemovigilance – Progress and challenges: 20 years of systematic reviews
- Initiative PET haemovigilance addressing sample
- Labelling errors - Do we still need to hand-write transfusion sample labels in 2022?
- WHO user guide tools for stepwise implementation of haemovigilance
- Future of EU vigilance developing haemovigilance in SE Asia - Challenges and approaches
- Neonatal and parental haemovigilance
For further information and to register your place please visit the event website.