Date: Saturday 7 September 2019
Time: 08:45 - 17:00
Venue: King's College, Guy's Campus, London
This is a red cell haematology day which covers haemoglobinopathy management and diagnosis as well as other red cell disorders. This is a very interactive course that includes case studies and has a very encouraging atmosphere for you to ask questions to our expert speakers.
- Introduction to sickle cell disease and thalassaemia
- Lab haemoglobinopathy diagnosis and the antenatal screening program
- Transfusion and its complications in sickle cell patients
- Specialist sickle management: acute complications
- Thalassaemia and iron overload management
- Specialist sickle management: chronic complications
- Red cell membrane and enzyme disorders
- Case studies (part 2)/essay questions
*PLEASE NOTE: DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT SHORT NOTICE*
For further information and to register your place please visit the event website.