This guideline discusses the investigation and management of patients presenting with newly-diagnosed Hodgkin lymphoma and focuses particularly on:
1. Pre-treatment evaluation and baseline staging
2. Treatment of localised disease
3. Treatment of advanced disease
4. Special circumstances (treatment in pregnancy and of older patients)
5. Additional issues (follow-up and survivorship , the role of PET-CT, and radiotherapy strategies).
The treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma is addressed in a separate guideline.
Declaration of Interests
The BSH paid the expenses incurred during the writing of this guidance. None of the authors had conflicts of interest to declare. All authors have made a declaration of interests to the BSH and Task Force Chairs which may be viewed on request.