The British Society for Haematology (BSH) Teenage and Young Adult (TYA) Special Interest Group (SIG) was established in 2017 to support multidisciplinary education for haematology professionals at all levels, to advocate strongly for TYA haematology research and to promote translation of the results into clinical practice.
The goals of the TYA SIG are:
- To promote the development of a national network of TYA haematology physicians encompassing both benign and malignant haematology to share expertise and promote high quality TYA research and clinical practice.
- To develop international TYA haematology links to share practice and promote TYA research.
- To identify areas for service evaluation and guideline development within the TYA community.
- To focus early discussion on design of trials involving TYA patients with haematological disease. Further development of these trials would then be expected to follow the NCRN process.
- To aim to become the expert body to advise NICE, commissioners and NHS England regarding TYA Haematology issues and service specifications via the BSH external affairs committee.
- Subject to the approval of the Programme Committee, to hold educational sessions at the Annual Scientific Meeting of BSH
The SIG endeavours to have as comprehensive a membership as possible, with applications for membership welcomed from physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and trainees with interests in both malignant and non-malignant TYA haematology. The SIG is open to both members of the BSH and non-members.
The SIG Committee has up to 10 officers, members of the BSH, appointed by the TYA SIG with posts held for 2 years in the first instance with possibility to renew, subject to agreement by the TYA SIG for a further 2 years. Officers of the TYA SIG committee comprise a minimum of a chairman, vice-chairman and secretary with the addition of up to 7 additional members.
Chair: Dr Caroline Furness
Vice-Chair: Ben Uttenthall
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7713 0990
TYA Education Day 20th November 2019