We are delighted to announce our new bursaries to support BSH members who are Specialist Trainees to attend our face-to-face educational events throughout 2023.
Please note: These bursaries are not for our Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM), as it has separate funding available through our Annual Scientific Meeting Scholarships.
This grant will help support attendance at our face-to-face events.
Bursaries are available for each face-to-face BSH educational event except the ASM and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until the fund for that event is depleted.
Successful applicants will have their expenses reimbursed after the event. See 'What the bursary covers' for more information.
There is no fixed deadline. Bursaries are available for each 2023 event from the date registration opens until the fund is depleted.
We aim to update event descriptions within a few working days of funding depletion. We thank you for your understanding of this potential delay.
Applications received after all funding has been allocated will be added to a waiting list in case of application withdrawals.
We announce registration for our events via our members' e-bulletin, social media and our events e-bulletin. You can sign up for our e-bulletin via MyBSH.
What the bursary covers:
Accommodation for one night at £110 or less (up to £180 for Central London) and standard return train or plane tickets.
Expenses will be reimbursed after the event on the provision of confirmation of payment. We will ask you to submit all relevant receipts after your application is approved.
- Must be a Specialist Trainee/Registrar working within the NHS.
- Must be a BSH member at the date of the grant application. Please note it can take up to six weeks for membership applications to be approved.
- Must have already registered for the relevant event at the date of the grant application.
- Cannot receive in excess of £1,000 in a three-year period for a small travel grant (includes Student Electives, Travel Scholarships, and ASM Scholarships).
- May only receive one Trainee Educational Bursary per calendar year.
How to apply:
Apply through our online form.
What to include in your application:
- a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying for funding
- a letter of support from your Educational Supervisor
- an estimated budget
Requirements for successful applicants:
We ask successful candidates to provide a brief (<300 words) summary of what they learned and what they think the most important takeaways were.
We showcase the best reports in our communications, including our website, social media and member bulletins.