What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you browse websites. Cookies provide information about your use of the website, providing statistical data that does not identify any personal details. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your device and stored on the device's hard drive.
Cookies help us to:
- ensure the website functions correctly
- understand you how visit and interact with our website
- verify that you are a genuine user when you log into the site, and prevent fraudulent access to the website and your account
- embed images and text from social media on our website.
Cookies help you to:
- remain logged in to your MyBSH account between visits
- share links to our webpages on social media.
First party cookies
- ASP.NET_SessionId - this cookie allows us to track your current session and is part of the internal processing of our website.
- -XSRF-TOKEN - this cookie is part of the ASP.Net technology, and is a security measure to prevent cross site scripting.
- BSHAuth - this cookie is generated when you log into the site. It remembers your session and authentication, and stops you from having to log in on every page.
- seen_cookie_message_BSH - after you interact with the cookie banner, this cookie hides the banner for two weeks.
- _RequestVerificationToken - this cookie is designed to verify that you are a genuine user when you log into the website, and prevent fraudulent access to the website and your account.
Third party cookies
We use certain third party cookies to analyse website use and improve our services. Wherever possible we have placed restrictions on these cookies to minimise what personal data they collect.
If you have consented to these analytics cookies and then revoked consent, you will need to remove the cookies as we cannot control the storage of third party cookies. For more information, see the disabling and deleting cookies section below.
We use Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics) to collect information about how you use our site. This helps us ensure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on b-s-h.org.uk
- how long you spend on each BSH page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are, and we do not share our analytics data with Google.
_ga, _gid and _gat are all part of the Google Analytics system.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Hotjar is a website analytics service that records anonymous information about which links you click and how you move around our pages, as well as allowing us to run integrated surveys and to try to ensure that you do not see the same surveys twice.
For a full list of relevant cookies, see "Cookies set by the Hotjar script" on Hotjar's cookie information page.
You can opt out of Hotjar tracking.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC, remote_sid are all part of the Youtube embedding system.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the ‘settings’ section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org. Additionally, you can restrict or disable cookies within the settings for your browser:
Your browser will also offer a way for you to delete cookies from your computer.