The British Society for Haematology (BSH) has been bringing haematology professionals together since 1960 to transform the care our members provide to patients. With over 2000 members worldwide, we are the largest UK haematology organisation and the only society to cover all aspects of the specialty.
Our members work together to share ideas and knowledge, and to champion and strengthen haematology practice
Together we help shape the future of haematology by providing access to resources, events and education that support your professional development
Bridging the gap between research and practice, our guidelines raise the standards of clinical and patient care
BSH exists to transform patient care through excellence in the study, research and practice of haematology.
BSH will be the UK hub for all haematology professionals and a voice for the specialty by:
- providing and supporting multidisciplinary education for students and professionals at all levels
- raising standards of clinical care and laboratory practice through guidelines and the provision of expert advice
- providing support for research via its publications, programmes and grants
- providing networking opportunities that bring haematology professionals together
- representing the interests and concerns of haematology professionals at national and international levels.
Supporting our members
The services we offer include:
- British Society for Haematology Guidelines and Good Practice Papers
- events and training
- educational resources
- exclusive members-only grants
- monthly member bulletins
- discounts to attend the BSH Annual Scientific Meeting.
Who we are
We bring committed volunteers together to support our purpose to champion and strengthen haematology practice.
- Our Board of Trustees oversee the running of all aspects of the Society.
- Our committees cover the activities of the Society such as education and communications.
- Our Special Interest Groups bring together professionals interested in specific areas of haematology.
Find out about vacancies on our committees and other ways you can get involved with the society.