Date: Friday 12 - Sunday 14 April 2024
Venue: Budapest Marriott Hotel, Budapest
This translational research conference will bring together biologists and clinicians with an interest in Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) in order to explore the most recent advances in the understanding of the pathogenesis and clinical behavior of the disease. New data will be presented on how to best apply these insights to the future of MDS therapy. Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues will be presented by the faculty and ample time will be devoted to discussion with delegates.
This conference is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Hematology (EBAH) CME system. Participants will be eligible to claim CME credit points.
Posters and Brief Oral Communications
Registered participants are invited to submit their abstracts. Selected abstracts are eligible for an oral or a poster presentation. Call for abstracts: deadline 15 January 2024.
The meeting will be of interest to:
- Senior biologists and clinicians, including experts in the field (MD, PhD, MD-PhD)
- Junior scientists and clinicians (MD, PhD)
- PhD candidates and clinical residents still in training
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Learn how to optimally diagnose MDS, mainly by morphological analysis and cytogenetics, but also through the use of new tools, mainly molecular analysis.
- Improve ability to analyse prognostic factors, including new ones (revised IPSS, molecular analysis).
- Review current treatment of MDS, in both the high risk and low risk settings, ranging from single follow up to allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
- Acquire improved knowledge of emerging treatments, based on targeted therapies and well conducted clinical trials.
- Scientific Topics
The sinister origins of MDS
- The interplay between MDS, inflammatory, and immune abnormalities
- What's in a name? Classifying MDS
- New tools to explore MDS
- Special populations
- Treatment of lower-risk MDS
- Treatment of higher-risk MDS
- Clinical trials in MDS/CMML: cooperative groups
The program will include:
- Plenary Sessions
- Panel Discussions
- Simultaneous Meet the Expert Sessions
- Poster Walks
- Brief Oral Communications
For further information and to register for the event please visit the conference website.